2002 Paul Cummings LP Ash Special
This product is currently sold out.
- Rare creme white hot rod LP TV Special built by Paul Cummings finished on and date stamped 9-11-2001 - "The Nine Eleven Guitar"
- Chambered weight only 6lbs 12oz
- Thick slab Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
- Seymour Duncan Custom SP90-3B high output 14K double ceramic Bridge P90 wound by Maricela "3BJ"
- Kent Armstrong neck pickup 8K
- Old growth mahogany body, ash top w/ visible grain, mahogany neck
- Very minimal nitro finish
- Incredible fat late 50's Les Paul profile, but V-shape neck, chambered body, brilliant resonance. The type of V everyone loves, comfortable. Neck should be used as a template! The resonance coming from the neck is off the scale.
- Extremely resonant and touch sensitive, it's safe to say that this is a very strong lead guitar. The guitar shines for a lead guitar player. Comes alive when you want to move around.
- Visible grain on mahogany body and ash top, super light finish
- Mojoaxe aged nickel tailpiece currently installed, works great.
- Paul did not build a lot of guitars, but the ones he did are highly revered, and owned by one guy. You're not going to find them for sale. Guitars that truly sound & feel like 50's guitars, with exceptional resonance. This guitar has that quality. Pure, raw tone of a 1950's guitar, but with all the luxury of a modern guitar.
- A true hand-carved Les Paul Special. This Special was built by Paul at the same time, and with the same old growth mahogany wood stock as Rusty Anderson's infamous white Firebird that he used for countless Paul McCartney shows over the course of 8 years, and later sold for $7500 at Guitar Center Hollywood circa 2005. During this time a few Firebirds and Les Pauls were built, all of which share the same characteristics. Incredible and superb natural tone resonance, same stash of Doc's old growth mahogany.
- Guitar tunes very easily, superb natural acoustic resonance and touch sensitivity
- The type of guitar you can leave in the case for 2 years and remains in perfect tune.
- The builder is very private, was in & out of jail, and the only reference I have is the Rusty Anderson Firebird, he mentions his Firebird in an interview you can find online
- Cummings Gibson style headstock decals will be included in the event that you want to redo the headstock.
- This is my go-to gig guitar, that I will always choose over literally anything else. It's the old worn in baseball glove. Has been used at many gigs. It's that tone, it's that shredability, it's that reliability. Makes for quite the lead guitar. Has been used on stage with The Blasters, Mike Watt, and countless punk shows. I love this guitar. One of a kind, irreplaceable. This is a rock 'n roll machine, plain & simple. The EQ of this guitar sounds like nothing else.
Free domestic shipping & insurance
Please email or call with any questions